`I would have everie man write what he knowes and no more.’ – Montaigne
Every novice should know..
- First day in anaesthetics – how does it work?
- First day in anaesthetics – what do we do?
- Airway assessment and strategy
- Simple airway maneuvers and mask ventilation – head tilt, chin lift, jaw thrust, with mask and oral/nasopharyngeal airways
- Supraglottic airways
- Laryngoscopy and intubation
- Rapid sequence induction
- Inhalational induction
- Unanticipated can’t intubate, can’t oxygenate
- Awake tracheal intubation
- Jet ventilation
Every obstetric novice should know..
- Clinical examination and assessment of a high risk parturient
- Epidural top up
- General anaesthesia for parturients